This Mathematical Investigation Assignment is a project, performed using graphing Tools.
In this investigation, you are going to demonstrate all transformations on a specific function given to you by your instructor.
This is a group project (2 -3 students), you will be able to study the basic function and describe it and study all transformations that can happened to your function, in addition to the combinations between any two transformations or more.
Math Investigation Steps
- Begin your investigation by exploring your graphing calculator. You need to see how a graphing tool works and how can you find any of the describing property like Domain, Range, increasing, decreasing or even any specific coordinates.
- You need to graph your function (as shown in the table below) and describe it in detail using your graphing tool and not manually.
- Explain each transformation separately with more than one example (vertical shift, horizontal shift, expand/ shrink, reflections) and show how you will generalize it with a parameter.
- Combine all transformations in one equation using your basic function and explain it in detail.
- Find algebraically the inverse function of your basic function, graph it with descriptions
- Apply one of your functions (Basic or the inverse) in a real-life situation and solve it by the graphing tool.
Your assigned function:
If you are 2 or 3 students working in the project, you will add the last digit of each of your ID and select the function from the table below which is corresponding to the last digit of your total.
Make sure to include in your report the following:
- Cover page with your name, sec., function, and the University logo
- Table of contents with pages’ numbers
- Citation on anything you used and put it clear on the last page
- Contribution of each student
- Creativity and a great design for both graphs and explanations
You can use any graphing tools by Google on line but make sure to cite at the end all the resources that you used during this project.
For example, www.desmos.com
And look for other graphing calculator, there are a lot more.
Mathematical Investigation: Assessment
NOTE! AEssay Team of professional writers have already completed this assignment. We are ready to help You with it. Please use the coupon code AE-FB-2018-15 to get a discount if You order till the end of 2018 or contact our support to get a new one.