This project is an Organic Chemistry Research Paper. You should prepare a research paper on a selected topic listed under different functional groups in organic chemistry. In this report you need to include the following:
- Select one group and discuss the following:
- Properties of the selected functional group (1/2-1 page)
- Chemical structures, preparation reactions & reactivity of the selected molecule/structure. (if applicable) (1-2 page)
- Write a brief report discussing the health/environmental issues and applications: (preparation, environmental applications, or environmental hazards) (1-2 page)
You may use your textbook or any other organic chemistry book available in the Library.
- The paper should be fully researched & referenced.
- It should be a minimum of three, and a maximum of five pages long.
- Text of any kind cannot be copied, unless it is a direct quote, to make a point.
- Photographs & diagrams may be used from a source, but credit must be given.
- ALL TEXT MUST BE IN THE STUDENT’S OWN WORDS.
Organic Chemistry Research Paper – Research Topics
- Halocarbon Anesthetics
- Lycopene and Other Hydrocarbon Antioxidants
- Addition Polymers (Plastics)
- Buckminsterfullerene and Carbon Nano-tubes
Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers:
- Alcohol Poising and Fetal Alcohol Syndrome
- Phenolic Antiseptics and Disinfectants
- Ether Anesthetics
- Animal uses of Thiol Alcohols for Defense
- Chemistry of Vitamin-E
Aldehydes and Ketones:
- Aldehydes and Ketones as Flavoring Agents
- Chemistry of Vision
- Progesterone, Norethynodrel and Birth control
- Chemistry of Vitamin-A
- Vanilloids and Pain Relief
Carboxylic Acids and Esters:
- Chemistry of Aspirin, Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen
- Alpha-hydroxy acids in cosmetics
- Chemistry of Vitamin-C
- Retin-A and other Topical Acne Treatments
- Condensation Polymers (Fiber Polymers)
- Biodisels (esters of fats)
- Nitroglycerin in Medications
- Muscle Fatigue (Lactic Acid)
Amines and Amides:
- Polyamide Chemistry
- Chemistry of Nicotine and Caffeine Addiction
- Alkaloid Chemistry of Opiates
- Sulfonamide Antibiotics
- Amides in Medicine: Amytal, Valium and Polycillin
- Chemistry of Vitamin-B6
- Epinephrine (Adrenaline)
- Resin Polymers (Construction Polymers)
- Chemistry of Artificial Sweeteners
- Chemistry of Taste
- Tamoxifen and Taxol (Cancer Fighting Drugs)
- Chemistry of Tooth Development and Wear
- Chemistry of Smell
NOTE! AEssay Team of professional writers have already completed this assignment. We are ready to help You with it. Please use the coupon code AE-FB-2018-15 to get a discount if You order till the end of 2018 or contact our support to get a new one.