Implementation Plan and Presentation Assignment
For this Implementation Plan Assignment, you will review corporate information available from the Sydney Opera House and use the targets provided to develop an Implementation Plan and monitoring strategy to meet those targets.
Then, using your Implementation Plan, the Sydney Opera House Environmental Sustainability Policy, and other Sydney Opera House documentation, develop a 10-15 minute presentation or training session to deliver to internal employees of the Sydney Opera House. You should outline the Sustainability Policy and what it means to Opera House staff. As part of this presentation, you must describe how the revised processes will be implemented and managed.
You will need to promote the policy and its expected outcomes and explain how the outcomes affect key stakeholders.
You will also need to assign and outline responsibilities for using recording systems to track sustainability improvements.
Implementation Plan Assignment Instructions
You will develop an Implementation Plan and monitoring strategy to meet Sydney Opera House targets provided.
- Review the Sydney Opera House vision, mission, goals and policies, especially the Environmental Sustainability Policy. These documents are available from the Corporate Information page.
- Complete a sustainability Implementation Plan (using the template provided in Appendix 2) to implement the Sydney Opera House sustainability policy and meet the sustainability targets set out in Appendix 1. In the implementation plan, include:
- two or more actions for each target (listed in Appendix 1)
- at least one action that involves staff training
- at least one action that involves communication to staff through a presentation.
- Develop a monitoring strategy (using the template provided in Appendix 3) for meeting the targets that includes:
- key outcomes expected for each action and person
- metrics/key performance indicators for each action
- a method of gathering and recording data on sustainability performance.
- Arrange a meeting with your assessor to explain the actions you’ve chosen and gain approval for actions from your assessor. You and your assessor will also need to discuss and agree upon a method of recording audience feedback to your presentation or training delivered in Part B of this task.
- Submit the implementation plan and monitoring strategy to your assessor. Ensure you keep copies for your records. You will need to refer to this implementation plan in Part B of this task as well as in Assessment Task 3.
- Using your implementation plan, choose to either design and deliver a presentation (according to the action that involves communication to staff through a presentation) or a training session (according to the action that involves staff training) to Sydney Opera House staff.
- Review the organisational structure (see Appendix 4) to determine the appropriate audience for the presentation or training session.
- Develop a 10-15 minute presentation or training session in accordance with your implementation plan. Design the presentation or training to improve resource efficiency in some area (e.g. how to use new waste systems in the cafe) and include a short procedure to help achieving targets in the implementation plan.
- During either your presentation or training you will need to include:
- a brief description of the Sydney Opera House Environmental Sustainability Policy and its expected outcomes for stakeholder groups (you can access the Environmental Sustainability Policy from here.
- information for staff as to what their responsibilities are, what activities they are to carry out and what outcomes are expected
- additional time (5-10 minutes) for questions and comments from staff.
- Distribute feedback questionnaires (if this is your method of measuring your audience’s understanding and engagement) and collect these at the completion of your presentation/training. Ensure you keep copies of questionnaires or other form of measuring audience feedback for use in Assessment Task 3.
Implementation Plan Assignment Specifications
- submit an implementation plan
- submit a monitoring strategy
- deliver a presentation/training session to employees (other learners acting as employees)
- address comments and questions from employees (other learners acting as employees)
- submit notes, PowerPoint presentation slides (approx..10-15 ppt slides), handouts and any other materials used to support the presentation
- collect feedback from audience members (other learners acting as employees). Your assessor will be looking for:
- communication skills to adjust communication to suit different audiences and to respond effectively to diversity
- literacy skills to read and evaluate Sydney Opera House organisational documents
- problem-solving skills to effectively manage different employees points of view during question time
- knowledge of principles, practices, tools and techniques of sustainability management
- knowledge appropriate to the performing arts industry
- knowledge of Sydney Opera House policies and procedures to complete the task.
Appendix 1 – Sustainability targets
Objective: Reduce energy use
Reduce electricity use by 2% per annum (using FY06/07 as initial benchmark).
Reduce gas use by 4% per annum (using FY06/07 as initial benchmark).
Objective: Embed environmental sustainability in everything we do
Reduce landfill waste and increase reuse and recycling.
Reduce the use of toxic or environmentally harmful products and materials. Reduce water use by 2% per annum (using FY06/07 as initial benchmark).
Objective: Engage and inspire
Engage staff in supporting sustainability targets.
Present information and training to employees in plain English.
Inspire audiences to consider sustainability in their everyday choices.
Objective: Keep accurate records
Record resource use on a monthly basis.
Appendix 2 – Implementation plan
Appendix 3 – Monitoring strategy
Appendix 4 – Organisational structure
NOTE! AEssay Team of professional writers have already completed this assignment. We are ready to help You with it. Please use the coupon code AE-FB-2018-15 to get a discount if You order till the end of 2018 or contact our support to get a new one.