Epidemiological Study Designs Assignment:
- Study the Chapter 5 “Epidemiological Study Designs” of the textbook from cross-sectional studies onwards and complete a critical reflection.
- Watch the video and summarise the reading contents. The length of this section will vary but you should write at least one page. What else would you like to know about the content of the reading? What questions does it raise for you?
Epidemiological Study Designs Assignment Questions:
Use the following questions to write your own summary:
- Distinguish between what is meant by the terms descriptive, analytical and intervention when referring to types of epidemiological study.
- Outline the design of studies you would use to do the following:
- evaluate whether a new drug is effective in treating a condition;
- examine the cause of death by age, sex and area of residence for people living in England last year;
- measure the amount of diabetes in a population;
- examine whether people exposed to an unusual industrial chemical are at an increased risk of developing certain diseases;
- determine whether a mass media campaign to encourage people to change an aspect of their life style is effective;
- identify possible causes of a rare disease.
Now reflect again on what your skills and knowledge currently are, where there are gaps and any actions arising.
Epidemiological Study Designs Chapter 5 Summary:
- What types of epidemiological study are there?
- Which study designs are used to identify the amount of a disease or health condition?
- Which study designs are used to identify possible causes of a disease or health
By working through this chapter you should be able to:
- provide a simple classification of the different types of study;
- describe and give examples of the main uses of each type of epidemiological study;
- discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the different types of epidemiological study designs.
NOTE! AEssay Team of professional writers has already completed this assignment. We are ready to help You with it. Please use the coupon code AE-FB-2018-15 to get a discount if You order till the end of 2018 or contact our support to get a new one.