To start with, it is the undergraduate research paper that includes Contextual Conflict Analysis (35%). The purpose of this final research paper is to explore a conflict context and critically analyze theory, empirical findings, and possible application to communication in everyday life. For example, a student could choose to write about organizational conflicts. Thus, the focus of the Contextual Conflict Analysis paper would include critical analysis and discussion of theoretical perspectives invoked in conflict studies, followed by the identification of central content domains (superior/subordinate conflict, team-based conflict, work/life conflict, organizational change, etc). In conclusion, these issues should be followed by an analysis of the practical application of findings in the research.
To begin with, the first challenge is to choose a conflict context or domain (interpersonal, family, small group/teams/ organizational, environmental, political, social, international/global). The second challenge then is to narrow the choice of possible theories and topics within the context. In the analysis and discussion of findings, students should consider one or both of the two learning goals above and think about the implications of the topic for Communication Within and Across Systems, and Analysis of Communication. (Hint: the overall design of the project is based on the analysis of communication rubric.). Thus, please note that the quality of this Contextual Conflict Analysis paper will have a significant effect on the final grade. Therefore, for students wanting detailed assistance, start the first week of class by making appointments with the writing center.
Order now with DISCOUNT!
Generally, I will read rough-drafts, but only if the student follows this procedure:
- choose the context,
- choose specific issues within the context (can only occur AFTER significant reading in a context domain),
- write a thesis statement,
- write and outline of structure, and e) write a “close to finished” draft.
Research Paper Organization
- Captivating introduction;
- Clear articulation of central ideas and concepts from conflict studies;
- Strong thesis generally clarifies purpose and answers “why”;
- Preview of the paper’s organization/structure.
- Discuss and analyze conflict issues;
- Establish the role/importance of communication concepts/issues;
- Articulate how issues relate to the management of conflict in social, organizational, political, global environments.
- Summarize the importance of the findings;
- Provide suggestions for the usefulness of the analysis for conflict studies.
Research Paper Grading Criteria
- Covers proposed structure from above;
- Substantiates the thesis statement;
- Clear and Concise.
- Well organized;
- Employs APA style.
- Refers to a significant/important topic of conflict scholarship;
- Addresses conflict and communication issues;
- Displays few or no grammatical or typographical errors;
- At least 8 pages long (not counting Title Page/References).
- Evidences strong understanding of central issues in the topic;
- Supports arguments through appropriate supporting material;
- Integrates topic with communication theory and practice.
Source: AEssay Team (based on customers’ requests)
If you find this article not helpful enough or you are not sure how to write a good contextual conflict analysis paper, you can order it from our AEssay Custom Writing Team.